Eivor in Assasin's Creed Valhalla is the playable character and main protagonist of the game. Players will have the choice of playing Eivor as either female who is voiced by Cecilie Stenspil or male who is voiced by Magnus Bruun, players will also be able to customize their hair, warpaint, clothing, armor, tattoos, and much more. It is worth noting that the canon option is male Eivor.
Eivor is a fierce Viking raider and warrior who leads a clan of Norsemen across the icy North Sea to the rich lands of England’s broken kingdoms. Her mission: establish a new permanent home, no matter the cost. In 873 CE, Eivor and her clan of Norsemen fled from Norway to escape the endless war and dwindling resources.
They arrived in the southern part of Great Britain where they established a new settlement. At some point during her adventure, Eivor encountered a group that served as one of the predecessors of the Assassin Brotherhood and was given access to the Hidden Blade. Keen that the traditionally stealth-based weaponry should be visible to their enemies, Eivor wore the blade over her forearm.
- As mentioned, players will have the choice to either play as a Male or Female depending on their preference. As well as a "canon option" which will automatically choose who you play and when depending on your progress in the story.
- Players can customize how they would want Eivor to look, from choosing the color of the hair, war paints, and tattoos.
- Choices through conversation and gameplay matter which can affect Eivor or political alliances with NPCs.
- Eivor's companion, Synin, will have the ability of "Odin Vision" or better known in the Assassin's Creed series as the "Eagle Vision". And instead of the eagle, Eivor will instead have a raven as her companion that players can set commands to scout areas, identify enemies from afar.
- Eivor can feign death as one of her tactics to either get out of sticky situations or to follow up with killing his target.
- Apart from using environmental objects to hide, "Social Stealth" returns where Eivor can use crowds to blend in.
- In conjunction with "Social Stealth", Eivor can wear her hood up to increase the odds of blending in the crowd and eventually to slip away.
- Eivor will be able to execute parkour movements to use her environments at his advantage. Become a predator who lurks at the top of the trees or take an unconventional path to reach certain areas without being detected.
- Eivor will have the capability of wielding dual weapons of various kinds. From axes, hatchets, spears, bows, shields, and much more that will fit each player's playstyle as well as to create builds.
- Fully customize Eivor's armor to obtain various defensive properties that can turn the tides of a battle.
- Players can build their own settlements and upgrade the structures within the settlement. Apart from that, Eivor can also recruit NPCs to the clan and train them for raids and various quests.
- Eivor can use naval transport which acts as her main means of travelling for raids and escaping land from combat.
- Apart from quests and raids, players can also take part in activities such as drinking games, hunts, and traditional Norse games.